What’s new?

i'm back, bitches!It’s true: gezellig-girl.com is back, bitches!

Here’s the rundown on what’s new and improved:

New design! If you haven’t seen it already, go have a look at the new front page. If you only visit the site by going directly to the newest post(s),  check  in with the front page every so often; I’ll be regularly updating the features there.

Store! I’ve added an Amazon aStore to the site. About 90% of the items there are things I own (books, kitchen gadgets, my camera, etc.) while the remaining 10% is stuff I just like.

Recipe index! I took all the recipes I’ve posted over the past 3+ years and arranged them on one page—something I’ve been meaning to do for at least a year now.

Facebook ‘Like’ box! I love clicking ‘like’ on things—statuses, blog posts, photos, whatever—so I added the Facebook ‘Like’ feature to the site, which appears at the bottom of each post

Streamlined archives and categories! I trashed a lot of old posts that had become completely irrelevant and/or were just boring to begin with. I pared down the categories posts are filed under and have started adding tags to posts, so if you want to read more about frozen treats or things that are not very food bloggery of me, you can knock yourself out. Lastly, there’s now an archive of every post ever, arranged by category, should you ever find yourself with absolutely nothing better to do some day.

Review policy! Just putting it out there that I’ll always let you know when I get something for free and I’ll never give you guys a review of something because someone paid me to do it. That’s just wrong.

Threaded comments! I can’t tell you how much not having this feature has annoyed me over the years. You can now reply to a specific comment or leave a new one. Or both. Knock yourself out.

Manifesto! While I was on hiatus and thinking about where I wanted to take this blog next, I jotted down a list of things that are important to me, that I wanted to write about. I took the list and made it into a manifesto of sorts—basically, me being a blowhard for 1100 words, so you can take it or leave it.

Okay! With that out of the way, it’s back to regular posts starting Monday. See you there!

Photo credit: Rakka via Flickr.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

One thought on “What’s new?

  1. So glad to see you are back! I just brought my blog back from the depths again too. I look forward to reading all of your new posts about food and this, that, and the other.
    Welcome back!

Comments are closed.